(a)Musings & not so (a)Musings

Sunday, November 12, 2006

A hobby.....


The Friendly Hitchhiker
I have never seen a Praying Mantis before in my life. I have only heard about them. So, I was quite taken aback one morning, when I saw this huge insect, sitting on the hood of my car. But, it's sheer size, and the size of it's eyes were fascinating. After appreciating it's beauty (from a safe distance ofcourse, I had no idea, what these mini monsters could do!), I dropped my cricket kit into the trunk, hopped in my car, and drove to my cricket ground. I thought, this little critter would fly away, when I picked up speed. Nay, I think my new friend, wanted a ride to the cricket ground. It just wouldnt fly away, even when I was doing about 40 mph. Luckily, I had my camera in my kit bag, and I was compelled to capture this fascinating hitchhiker, up close an personal. I rate this among my best pictures so far.

3 Comments:

  • Cool! More than anythin else you have a good camera to capture such detail! Comin to your blog, nature has far more intricate and amazing sights with the tiniest to mightiest creatures in their best in the wild so.. not surprising! :)
    Vahbyz

    By Blogger vahbyz, at 1:10 PM  

  • Yea, it's a decent camera. It's a 4 MP Fujifilm. Needless to mention, I have tons of crappy pictures, which dont make it to my photography collection :)Oh, and thanks for your vote.

    By Blogger Hifzur, at 7:49 PM  

  • My vote is for the B&W photos. All of them were good though. The mantis was a great shot- Zen :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home