(a)Musings & not so (a)Musings

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Angels & Demons, Deception Point and Dan Brown...

Call this a bounty if you may, but in a week, I got to read two more of Dan Brown's work - Deception Point and Angels & Demons.

If you didn't already know, Angels & Demons is considered a prequel to The Da Vinci Code. And it contains the same factual wonders as you would find in The Da Vinci Code - secret societies, and what not. Anyway, its a great book, and well written, but The Da Vinci Code still ranks top on my list. I guess its the sheer shock value of the facts in it (aka The Holy Grail), and Dan Brown's explicit explanation of art work through the characters that makes me feel that way.

Deception Point, is a completely different work. No secret societies here, but just a scheming Senator who's close to becoming POTUS, and NASA's apparent shocking discovery, here on earth.

But one part annoyed me a bit here. Two civilians outwitting/outmaneuvering a Delta Force team of 3? And Angels & Demons has a similar hard to swallow bogus scene as well, where Robert Langdon, survives a jump without a parachute, from a chopper, way up above in the sky.
Dan Brown, what were you thinking?


I wont give the story away here, so will stop here. Two good books and all of them box office material, especially The Da Vinci Code. I'd be surprised if somebody hasnt already started working on it. This book has been a runaway success. Anybody know any details about The Da Vinci Code's screen version(if it's being made that is)?

And I'm quite happy to know that, Dan Brown is currently working on a sequel to The Da Vinci Code. Woo Hoo. Can't wait.
I've only one more book to read of Dan Brown's. Digital Fortress, here I come....

2 Comments:

  • It sure is. And I might be doing something unprecedented for myself. Read this book again. I've only watched movies the second/third/fourth/fifth (yea, i've done that too :) ) times, but have never ever re-read a book, of all the fiction and non fiction i've read. This book intrigues me so much, that I'm planning to read it again.

    By Blogger Hifzur, at 2:10 PM  

  • Sadhi, I havent listened to any Audio Books, so wont really know the difference, but I have a feeling, I'll share the same sentiment as you do - concentrate more while reading. And I'm going to read this book again. This time researching more than I did last time, while reading it :)

    By Blogger Hifzur, at 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home